- As a business which enables access to the Internet or provide related voice, data or cloud services, we (“SAVOA”) understand the importance of confidential information and respect your Constitutional right to privacy. This includes the privacy of your communications when you use or signup for any of the SAVOA services.
What is personal information ?
- There are two main types of personal information – identifiable personal data, and non-identifiable or anonymous personal data:
- Identifiable information is collected when you sign-up for a contract for service with us and generally includes information such as your name, address, telephone numbers, gender, IP address, billing information (such as a credit card number) etc.;
- Anonymous data generally includes: a postal code, the date and time sites are accessed, pages visited, the type of browser being used, the operating system and the type of personal computer or device being used to access our services.
- Identifiable personal data will be processed as recommended by the applicable legislation which includes the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communications-Related Information Act of 2002, and the Protection of Personal Information
- We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of our customers’ personal information in terms of the legislation as explained above.
- Customer personal information in our possession will be used only for the purpose for which it was collected or in terms of the law under which it is required to be collected.
- We will only release identifiable customer information in the following circumstances:
- Where we have your written instruction to do so;
- Where we are required to do so under an order of a South African court;
- Where it is necessary to do so to comply with any applicable legislation or regulation and then in terms of such applicable legislation or regulation;
- For auditing, debt-collecting or complaints-handling processes and then subject to restrictions on the use of the personal information by the relevant third party.
- We do not monitor usage of our services other than in terms of applicable law.
- Our website/(s) may utilise ‘cookies’ which track usage to facilitate the provision of an individually tailored service/(s).
- To ensure that we provide a secure service and protect you and ourselves from fraudulent and criminal acts, we reserve the right to monitor user and network traffic.
Collection of anonymous data
- To provide the best possible and most relevant service, we may use standard technology to collect information about the use of our sites and our services. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows the collection of anonymous statistics.
- Cookies allow us to tailor advertising and other services to your displayed preferences. We may use third-party cookies from an adserver for this purpose.
- Cookies by themselves may not be used to personally identify users but will be used to compile anonymous statistics relating to use of services offered or to provide us with feedback on the performance of our presence on the web.
- If you do not wish cookies to be used, it is possible to alter the manner in which your browser handles them. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this website may not be available.
- Protecting your personal information when using our services is a shared responsibility. Please safeguard your identity and other personal information carefully.
- Any information that customers disclose in a public space, including on any bulletin board, chat room or any site SAVOA may host for you, is available to anyone else who visits that space. SAVOA cannot safeguard any information you disclose in these spaces.
Amendments to this policy